GIOHIS 2018 is still some way off, but we already have a plethora of top speakers lined up, many of them new to HOFTEL Summits. They include:
- Mustafa Al Hashimi, Chief Hospitality Officer, WASL
- Khalid Anib, CEO, Abu Dhabi National Hotels
- Aboudi Asali, CEO, HMH
- Samir Baidas, Chief Development Officer, Middle East and Africa, Marriott International
- Luca Bandecci, Vice Chairman SBK Holding Hospitality Committee
- Ignace Bauwens, Regional VP MEA, Wyndham
- Olivier Chavy, CEO, Mövenpick Hotels and Resorts
- Hanley Chew, CEO, Berjaya Hotels and Resorts
- Nehme Darwiche, CEO, DWL
- Stuart Etherington, Director, Hospitality Assets, Dubai Properties
- Mariano Faz, Head of Asset Mgmt, The First Group
- HE Saif Saeed Ghobash, Director General, Abu Dhabi TCA
- Paul Jones, CEO, Lux* Hotels and Resorts
- Garfield Jones, CEO, Gulf Hotel Group
- Lourie Kruger, EVP / Co CFO, Kingdom
- Amruda Nair, CEO, Aiana Hotels and Resorts
- Roy Paul, Development Advisor, Rocco Forte Hotels
- Jahed Rahman, Head of Hotels, Aldar Properties
- Sara Rosso, CEO, Planhotel
- Tony Ryan, Global Head of M&A, JLL Hotels
- Russel Sharpe COO, Citymax Hotels
- Joe Sita, CEO, IFA
The GIOHIS 2018 programme is currently being put together. We will cover topics of specific interest to owners and investors from across the region including:
· Can the OTAs actually add some value for owners (in ways the brands aren’t telling you about?)
· Dubai – crazily overbuilt or creating an unbeatable hub?
· The challenge of investing in the new frontier markets
· Are hotel management agreements enforceable in the GCC courts?
· Coping with a regional downturn – strategies for cost savings and revenue creation
· Franchise agreements – should they have a performance test?
· The changing nature of Indian Ocean Tourism – owners, tour operators and airlines discuss the new drivers
· The Holiday Homes market – where will it go and how much of a threat is it to hotel owners?
· The market for debt in Africa – is it maturing at last?
· What are the economic of investing into resort lodges?