Dr. Binod Chaudhary is the Chairman of CG Corp Global/ Chaudhary Group, a multi-dimensional conglomerate with a portfolio of complementary business comprising over 80 businesses spread over 5 continents and 30 countries including the US, Africa, Dubai, Maldives, Sri Lanka, Thailand, India and China.
He has controlling shares in the largest bank in Nepal and numerous hotel investments, JVs and brands (like Taj, Alila, Fern, Radisson and the ultimate destination wellness The Farm at San Benito) worldwide.
He is a global player in FMCG and is the brain behind Wai Wai, the iconic brand from CG, which has earned him the sobriquet Noodle King. Thanks to Wai Wai, he has 2% shares of the world’s noodles market.
His other business interests include Telecom, Infrastructure and Education among the 11 business verticals he runs within CG.
The zeal at all costs is his intrinsic strength. And, contrary to popular perception, he has proved that an entrepreneur can do business in Nepal and still emerge as a billionaire — in fact the only one listed by Forbes— from the Himalayan republic.
He is an avid trekker and a fitness enthusiast.
Below are some of the important positions held by Dr. Binod Chaudhary:
· Hon’ble Member of Constituent Assembly, Nepal (April 2008-April 2012)
· President Emeritus of Confederation of Nepalese Industries (CNI)
· President of Federation of Nepalese Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FNCCI) (1993-1995)
· Advisor to Rt. Hon. Prime Minister of Nepal(April 2000)
· World Economic Forum’s Global Leader for Tomorrow (1995)
· Member of World Presidents Organization (WPO/YPO) since 2005
· Recipient of Honorary Doctorate from His Holiness Sri Sri Ravi Shankar ji (Founder, Art of Living) on behalf of Sri Sri University